Friday, March 18, 2011

New In Town

I hate chick flicks
I hate chick flicks
I hate chick flicks
I hate my self for loving this movie

I was never going to watch this movie. I have this immediate bias against silly looking chick flicks. My luck, I picked it up by mistake this week at work. Thought I was getting Never Back Down, but I gave it a shot anyway. I've been a bit under the weather and obviously out of my mind.

The Story: A high-powered consultant in love with her upscale Miami lifestyle is sent to a midle of nowhere town in Minnesota to oversee the restructuring of a blue collar manufactoring plant. From IMDB.com

The concept is a bit predictable, but I was still completly wrapped up in this story. I attribute this to its great cast. Connick and Zellwegger have excellent on screen chemistry. But the story really comes to life when you meet the rest of the crazy residents in this small town.




If You Liked: The Proposal, Confessions of a Shopoholic, Overnight Delivery, Fools Gold.