Tuesday, October 25, 2011

30 Days of Night



Since Halloween is getting closer, I thought I'd post this review again because 30 Days is my all time favorite vampire movie!

  (just don't watch the sequel)

The Story: A small Alaskan town goes dark one month out of every year. With daylight gone, a vampire clan moves in to wreck havoc on the town.


I love horror movies, but I’m also a big chicken.  I’m talking bed full of stuffed animals, room half lit with night lights kind of scaredy cat. I blame most of my chicken-ness on my older sisters allowing me to watch Interview with the Vampire when I was young. It freaked me out, and since then so has every other vampire movie that I have ever watched.  Especially 30 Days of Night.

The Vamps in this movie are louder, scarier, and more violent than any other vamps I’ve ever seen.  Not only do these things just look freaky, but the sound they make when they cry will chill you to the bone. 

Another plus for 30 Days, is that there is a descent story here. Not just vamps running around eating people. Just make sure you're not eating when you watch it.


If you liked: Underworld, Trick R Treat, I am Legend, Daybreakers