Sunday, May 1, 2011

Princess Diaries 2

 While I am a fan of the first Princess Diaries, this one is my favorite. I watch it every Sunday at work, seriously, EVERY Sunday. I have a problem.

The Story: Princess Mia has one month to get married or she forfeits her crown to someone else.

Don't worry, you don't have to have seen the first one to understand this movie. They do a very nice re-cap. in the opening seen.

What I love about this movie is the concept.

WARNING HERE BE SPOILERS!

Girl falls for boy while planning her wedding to someone else.

I've seen several attempts at this concept, but no one does is as good as PD2. Another plus, I don't feel like I'm watching a kids movie when this one is one. This movie has it all, great story, beautiful set, and  an awesome cast. 

So watch PD2 and see Ann Hathaway and Chris Pine before they were big stars.