Monday, July 25, 2011

Marilyn Hotchkiss' Ballroom Dancing & Charm School

The Story: A widower's life turns upside down when he embarks on a journey to find a dying man's long lost love. from imdb.com

It's no secret, I love Donnie Wahlberg. I've seen just about everything from Righteous Kill to the SAW movies to Boomtown (a must see TV show), Dreamcatcher and Southie. 

I snagged a copy of MHBDCS from my old boss at the Buster who now has tub loads of DVDs and was excited to add this to my Donnie collection.

Honestly, I didn't expect much from this movie. I mean, it's about ballroom dancing. Imagine my surprise when I made it past the first twenty minutes and still wanted to see more.  The story that unfolded was honest and refreshing and deeply human. By the end, I decided it's one of the best love stories I've ever seen. My mother has to watch it!

Also, this is my new favorite Donnie movie.  While I've always felt that Donnie was born to play a cop or a thug, he's totally in his element as a guy that loves the Foxtrot.  It's fabulous!!!

So, the next time you are looking for something to watch with the girls, or your mom. Please, check this one out!



If you Liked: Catch and Release, Return to Me, Shall We Dance

And for those of you who read my off topicabout the NKOTBSB concert, it was amazing!!! BEST CONCERT EVER!!