Saturday, May 28, 2011

Brothers

   


The Story: Brothers is the story of a modern military family grieving the loss of a
 husband and father who isn't really dead and a solider who will do anything to get back to his home.

When I saw the previews for Brothers I thought, no way am I seeing that one. Sure it’s got a great cast, but a story like that cannot end well, and a bad ending ruins it all for me. Allie rented it anyway. She’s more of a gambler than I am when it comes to movies.  She also has a thing for Jake G, but I digress. So, Allie ended making such a big fuss about how great the movie was, that I agreed to watch it, and it paid off. Brothers is outstanding!

Brothers is so much more than the previews give it credit for. The relationships in this family are raw and intriguing. It holds nothing back.


What really makes this film is ten-year-old Bailee Maidson’s performance as Toby and Natalie’s oldest daughter.This little girl is one heck of an actress. She will make you laugh and cry in the same scene. We definitely think this movie and its stars deserved way more attention during awards season this year.


If You Liked...
Stop-Loss, The Lucky Ones, Home of the Brave, Imaginary Heroes