Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Beaver

  The Story  Suffering from a severe case of depression, toy company CEO Walter Black (Mel Gibson) begins using a beaver hand puppet to help him open up to his family. With his father seemingly going insane, adolescent son Porter (Anton Yelchin) pushes for his parents to get a divorce. From Netflix.com                                 



This is another one Liz made me watch. She read the script and wouldn't stop talking about it.  Don't tell her, but she's got pretty good taste.

I know the world thinks that Mel Gibson has lost his marbles, and that may be true. I still need you guys to see this movie.  He sucks you into Walter's depression and the effects it has on his family. It truly tears them apart, and I couldn't peel my eyes away from the screen until I knew how things turned out for them. 

Also, there is a fight scene between Mel and the beaver. That's right folks, Mel beats himself up. Enjoy.

  
If You Liked: Sunshine Cleaning, It's Kind of a Funny Story, City Island