Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Take Me Home Tonight

The Story: From the writers of "That '70s Show" comes this retro dramatic comedy set a decade later, in the financial boom of the late 1980s, about a recent college grad trying to figure out what to do with his life. Amid the goings-on at a raucous Labor Day party, brilliant but underemployed Matt Franklin (Topher Grace) learns a slew of lessons about life and love in this ensemble-cast film starring Anna Faris, Dan Fogler and Teresa Palmer. from netflix.com

I've been counting down the days for this one to come out. Just my luck, our movie theater never got it. They prefer to play one superhero movie on five screens, like that makes sense. 

Anyways, I finally got to see TMHT in Burbank. Thank you Marriott! It was TOTALLY worth the wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved everything about this movie. The soundtrack was epic. I love love Topher Grace in everything he's in! I think that Teresa Palmer ( She was Number 6 in I am Number 4) is one of my new favorite actresses. Dan Fogler made me laugh so hard my sides were hurting. His dance off is superb. 

Anna Farris plays Topher's twin sister and it was nice to see her play something other than a dumb blonde. She actually seemed normal, and I liked it. Also, I need to see her and Chris Pratt in more movies together. Some of the funnest moments came from their scenes.

My favorite thing about TMHT is the story. Pretty much anyone can relate to being fresh out of college and not knowing who you are or what you want to do with your life. 



You can find it on DVD July 19th.

If you liked: Can't Hardly Wait, Adventureland, Empire Records, It's Kind of a Funny Story,