Saturday, October 15, 2011

Dream House

The Story: Soon after moving into their seemingly idyllic new home, a family learns of a brutal crime committed against former residents of the dwelling. from imdb.com


A and I hit up the double feature last night because we're just that cool. We caught the eight o'clock showing of The Thing - my selection - and it did not disappoint. But we ended up unknowingly saving the best for last.

Dream House is an uplifting horror movie. Yeah, you read that right. I haven't seen one this good in years. Supernatural horror is not my cup of tea, but movies like this one are the reason I always end up giving in. When done right, there's nothing like it.

For some reason this one hasn't been doing too well at the box office. My guess, it's because of a lack of advertising. If your local theatre is still playing Dream House, go see it now. If not, save it to the queue. You won't be disappointed.