Sunday, June 26, 2011

Empire Records

  The Story: Empire Records captures a day in the life of a record store that doubles as a meeting place for young slackers, dreamers and doers. When a clerk (Rory Cochrane) gambles away the store's cash, the boss (Anthony LaPaglia) tries to recoup his losses. Meanwhile, flirty Gina (Renee Zellweger) provides a counterpoint to love-struck Corey (Liv Tyler), who's crushing on a co-worker. from Netflix.com

On this, the day that my Blockbuster closes for good, I bring you my favorite movie of all times. I know, some of you think that Four Brothers holds this title. Don't get me wrong, I love that movie, but Empire rocks my world. 

I don't remember when I discovered Empire, but I am always in the mood to watch it. It never fails to lift my spirits and make me smile. So I demand that you give it a shot. You can thank me later.


More reasons to love this movie, it has the best soundtrack ever. It has an amazing cast (best Renee Zellweger movie) and it's totally quoteable.


                                     DAMN THE MAN! SAVE THE EMPIRE!!