Monday, February 28, 2011

Life As We Know It

 LAWKI has Josh Duhamel in it, so you know we saw this one in theaters. But, who knew he and Katherine Heigl wound make a good couple? They have great chemistry, which allows their relationship to seem more real on screen and less make believe. This story is a bit heavy on the emotions, but it never goes over the top, which is nice.

A lot of the comedy comes from moments that I bet most first time parents have. One of my favorites is when Duhamel's character lets the baby smell her food in the grocery store to determine what she does and does not like.

Also, Melissa McCarthy plays the ring leader to a group of nosy neighbors and she is hilarious!! (We're still waiting on a Gilmore Girls movie!!!!!)

Anyway, I bought LAWKI as soon as it came out on DVD and was happy to find that I still love it. Some movies are only meant to be watched once, and that's not the case here. While it does have some typical romantic comedy moments, every time I have watched this movie I have been just a captivated by its story and the actors who tell it.